The FCT Administration has approved the suspension of 13 officers facing prosecution by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).
The suspension, according to a statement by the ministry, is in line with the Public Service Rule 030406, which states, “where a prima facie case, the nature of which is serious, has been established against an officer and it is considered necessary in the public interest that he/she should forthwith be prohibited from carrying out his/her duties, pending the determination of the case”.
It therefore becomes expedient to suspend the following officers in line with the extant rules. The affected officers are:-
· Engr. Suleiman Idris – Assistant Director, Transportation Secretariat
· Idris Usman – Assistant Director, Engineering Services Department, FCDA
· Mohammed Ishaq – Chief Planning Officer, Urban & Regional Planning Department
· Helen Olokpo – Principal Town Planning Officer, Urban & Regional Planning Department
· Bamidele Olaitan – Principal Education Officer, Education Secretariat
· Ambrose Samchi – Principal Accountant, Treasury Services Department
· Hassan Argungu – Principal Land Officer, AGIS
· Saba Mohammed – Senior Data Officer, AGIS
· Yusuf Baba – Senior Administrative Officer, AGIS
· Abdullahi Musa – Senior Administrative Officer, Deeds Registrar’s Office
· Abraham Murtala Belel – Senior Accountant, Treasury Services Department
· Andrew Gwani – Land Officer
· Abdulmalik Teina – Senior Accountant, Treasury Services Department
Some of the officers are facing trial over fraudulent allocation of lands, tampering with land allocations leading to allocation of particular plot of land to multiple allottees resulting in litigations. Some of the officials also sold people’s lands without their knowledge while others tamper with Geographic Information data (GIS).